Understanding the Risks
The investments we offer are high risk in nature and therefore not suitable for everyone.
It is the responsibility of the Investor or their financial adviser to ensure that an investment is suitable in light of the contents of the appropriate Information Memorandum and the Investor’s individual circumstances. Before making an investment, we recommended that you seek advice from a financial adviser authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (“FSMA”) who specialises in advising on high-risk investments.
The risks relevant to each investment will be disclosed within the applicable documentation contained within this website. These risks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Past performance should not be seen as an indication of future performance.
- Target returns are not guaranteed and you may get back less than you invest.
- Investors’ money will be committed to investments which may be of a long term and illiquid nature. The companies in which Investors’ money will be committed will often not be quoted on any regulated market and, accordingly, there will not be an established or ready market for any such shares and it may be difficult to realise them (for value or at all).
- There is no guarantee that the market price of shares in a company or investment trust will fully reflect their underlying Net Asset Value and shareholders may realise returns that are lower or higher in performance.
- Current tax levels and relief are liable to change and their value will depend on individual investors’ circumstances
This website makes reference to the previous rounds of investments made by Seneca Partners on behalf of certain investors within the Seneca EIS Portfolio Service. The rationale for the investment may no longer be valid. Under no circumstances should you take this information as a recommendation by Seneca Partners for you to invest in the Service or in any of the companies listed. If you decide to invest in the Seneca EIS Portfolio Service, you are not investing in a fund and therefore will not receive shares purchased as a part of these previous investment rounds. Any new or additional subscriptions paid by investors into the Seneca EIS Portfolio Service will be invested in new share issues either by companies not previously invested in by the Seneca EIS Portfolio Service or by companies previously invested in by the Seneca EIS Portfolio Service as a part of a further fundraise. If the latter applies, the purchase price of shares in the investee company will likely differ from the purchase price on previous investment rounds the Service has made into the same companies.